AI Art Images are getting popular this year. Because now anyone can try out AI Image generators for Free. Recently, OpenAI’s DALL·E 2 is available publicly without any waitlist. Moreover, you can add MidJourney Bot to your Discord Server and can generate AI Images. But, all these services run in the cloud. And, after the free trial, you’ve to buy some credit or subscription. But, Stable Diffusion is quite different from these two, because, you can run it locally. Yes, since Stable Diffusion is free and open-source software. So, you can now Install Stable Diffusion on Windows PC.
What is Stable Diffusion (SD)?
Stable Diffusion is a deep machine learning model, that can generate images from text. It was released by startup StabilityAI in 2022. Primarily, it was developed to generate AI detailed images using text descriptions. But, you can also use it to generate image-to-image translations, or for inpainting, and outpainting through text prompt.
SD is trained through billions of images. So the results it produced can be comparable to DALL-E 2 and MidJourney. Initially, you can run Stable Diffusion only in the command-line interface (CLI). But now, you can run it in Web UI. Yes, you just have to set up Stable Diffusion and its dependencies on your Windows 11 Computer. And, you will get a local URL to access Stable Diffusion Web UI.
Yes, there are so many methods available to Run Stable Diffusion on your PC. You will find the easiest method in this article. So, without further delay, let’s generate AI Art Images using Stable Diffusion.
Stable Diffusion Minimum System Requirements.
- A GPU (Graphics Card) with at least 6 GB of VRAM (All modern NVIDIA GPUs with 6GB or above VRAM will work.)
- 10 GB of Storage Space on SSD or HDD (SSD Recommended)
- Windows 10 or 11 (Yes, you can also run Stable Diffusion on Linux and macOS.)
- Download the Latest Version of Python
- Download the Latest Version of Git
- Download SUPER SD 2.0 Dependencies.rar by Aitrepreneur
Run Stable Diffusion on Windows 11 Computer
Before you Install Stable Diffusion on Windows. First, you have to install Python and GIT on your Windows Computer. If both already installed, then it’s recommended to update both.
Install Python on Windows
- First, we have to install the latest version of Python on our Computer. So, do run the Python setup file as administrator. UAC window might appear, click on Yes.
- Python Setup window will appear, do mark these two options.
- Install Launcher for All Users
- Add Python 3.10 to PATH
- After that, click on Install Now.
- Python installation will now get started. Once, the setup was successful message appears, click on Close.
Install GIT on Windows
- Next, you have to install GIT on your Computer. So, run the GIT setup file that you have downloaded. UAC Window will appear, click on Yes.
- GIT Setup window will get open, Keep Clicking on Next. And, when the following window appears, make sure to mark all these options.
- Again, keep clicking on next. And, in Choose the default editor window, do select “Use Notepad as Git’s default editor”.
- That’s it, now keep all other options unchanged or default and keep clicking next, and Install GIT on Windows.
- Once, GIT gets installed, Click on Finish.
Setup Stable Diffusion Web UI
- Now, you have to Extract the “SUPER SD 2.0 Dependencies.rar” file. You can use 7-Zip or WinRAR to extract the File.
- Now, open extracted folder, and you will see two files in it. In the File Explorer address bar, type CMD and press Enter key.
- Command prompt window will appear, do type the following command in it. And, press Enter key.
git clone https://github.com/AUTOMATIC1111/stable-diffusion-webui
- “stable-diffusion-webui” will get downloaded inside “SUPER SD 2.0 Dependencies” folder.
- Now, cut the “model.ckpt” file and paste it inside the “stable-diffusion-webui\models\Stable-diffusion” folder.
- After that, go back to the “stable-diffusion-webui” folder and double-click on the “webui-user” batch file. Or, do run it as administrator.
- It will now start downloading all dependencies, so keep patience. And, don’t close CMD Window during the whole process.
- Once, the process gets completed, you will get a local URL in CMD. Do copy that URL.
- After that, paste that URL to any browser address bar. And, do press enter.
- That’s it, now you will have Stable Diffusion Access in your Web Browser.
- You can now use it to generate AI Images through Text. Just type the image description in the prompt section. And, click on Generate.
- Once, Image gets generated, double-click on AI Image. And, right-click on the image to save it on your Computer. Alternatively, you can click on Save.
So, that’s how you can install Stable Diffusion on your Windows Computer. If you face any trouble during the setup process, let me know in the comment section. Will try to help you out.